Friday 1 February 2013

List 1





List 1

This list is work that I need to do or get finished which are ether image based or are books.
When I have finished something... I'll have to remember to highlight it!

******************

·         I started a children’s book a few years ago with the working title Dees (don’t ask) and gave it up because half way through doing the pictures for it I got distracted doing something else and just couldn’t seem to pick it up again. But now I have started the pictures again, from where I left off and I am now four off finishing them.
Then I just have to find a publisher… And a proof reader before that!
At present I’m just looking over at the picture I’m working on and trying not to rip it up because its not perfect. If I keep thinking like that though, I’ll never finish it.
Ok, It's a book about fairys! I've tryed my best to not think of them as such but, well, there you go.
Fairys in Guisborough forest.
~~~~        I have just had my book printed and have even sold a few copies!        ~~~~

It's on sale here

 ******************
 
·         Finish website. Wix do a free service (I think its free anyway) which I’m working on at the moment. It needs tweaking and more pictures on it too. Then I need to put links to this and my etsy account!


 ******************

·         Life trials. A series of Dinosaur-like animals in pictures depicting there life. I finished the first one which was inspired by a small bird sitting on Bracken. I called it Look out. That first one has already gone on my Etsy account http://www.etsy.com/listing/113029164/dinosaur-look-out? And http://www.etsy.com/listing/113028824/dinosaur-look-out?ref=v1_other_2 .  The others, which are only sketches at the moment, are tree climbing , Beach hunt, Pond food, Face off and ride.


 ******************

·         Cliff overhang.  This is an A4 dot picture. That is I do the outline in pen and then do tines pen dots to do the detail. I totted up the hours that the last one I did took me and it was approximately 17 hours. A3 ones take at least twice as long as I’m sure you could have guessed. There are a few different pictures like this one that I want to do.  (A4 size) forest bridge is another I started at the same and is actually closer to being completed.





 ******************


·         Kingfisher bridge. This is a project I’ll keep quiet about until I have sketches or I’m ready to paint.

 ******************


·         Children’s book where’s Grandad? For very young children. IT’S NOT a book explaining that a relative is dead! Just thought I’d put you straight on that point. Infact when I mentioned the name of the book to a friend, she thought it was a bereavement book. It’s just something my nephew used to say as he walked around the house looking for you know who.


******************


·         Children’s book Milly and the cat. Where in which a girl called Milly meets a magic cat. I had done about 3 pages of this one when I first did this list but I'm now onto page 7 (it's the end of march)!
 

·         Children’s book Milly and the monster. Milly gets a monster pet monster. ... I ws thinking she could catch it in a pond or something like that!


******************


·         Children’s book Jo and the dragon. On a rainy day Jo gets followed home by a dragon. I have a few sketches for that one and even a watercolour based picture.
I think Milly and Jo must be neighbours in the must occult and screwed up neighbourhood ever. There, that explaines magic cats and monsterus things happening in my opinion.
Jo and the dragon concept

 ******************


·         Tin Robot. cards etc. I came up with this tin robot for a friend of mine who wanted a tattoo. The brief he gave me was… well, brief.
So I looked at robot pictures, tin and otherwise and eventually after looking at the cartoon Invader zim, specifically the robot in it called Gur I decided to start drawing. He has a bit of Gur about the eyes but that’s it. I like Jhonen Vasquez but I didn’t want it to look too much like his robot.
The finished character then went to my friend who liked it but wanted it to have a little extra to it. I think I ended up abandoning the general idea that my friend gave me because it started to look like a steampunk pirate with a parrot in a bottle and lots of cogs behind it. When I showed that to my friend in a sketch he seemed unimpressed. Thinking about it I have to agree… it looked bloody bizarre. Probably didn’t help that the parrot in the picture was jammed in a bottle too small for it for some reason.
So I decided to make it into a series of cards (and if my friend wants his tattoo, he can sit with me and explain what exactly he wants the thing to look like). I’ve done some of the pictures already. The ones to finish are monkey birthday the picture is actually of an orang-utan but screw it, Dinosaur friend which is a the robot fighting with a dinosaur for his arm back in a tug of war type fashion, Congratulations card (robot holding a banner), baby ‘bot… robot in pram which I hope is cute and not disturbing which I holy fear that it is, animal lover where the robot is covered in animals, Christmas tree… Pretty self-explanatory, Brachio birthday Brachiosaur getting a birthday cake and curios robot looking through microscope. Most of these just need colour added and then they are done though some are still in the sketch faze.
my tin robot christmas card




************************************

I also have some pictures to re-do which are (can you spot why I’m re-doing them?):
·         Re-do tall living Bridge. An A3 picture made of outlines of pen and detail done in pen dots. I started this picture in 2003 and then made a mistake on it and although I kept the picture I never re-did it. They take so long to do I’d prefer to have my leg hairs pulled out than start it again

******************

·         Re-do… spiked living bridge. Like the other A3 bridge, I made a mistake and need to start again. One of my A4 ones looks simillar.


 ******************


There are also some fan pictures I want to do and they are (getting board yet?):

Dark crystal animal  and  person

Nausicaa of the valley of the wind

Star wars (AT-AT I think)

  ******************


There are other things I’m doing around photography and there are some other projects on the list but I think this will have to do for now. Plus I’m having a Uber Dyslexic day and this many words is frying my brain.

I’ll try to update this list after I’ve finished some things already up and then put up List 2!
In which I feel segways and cakes should feature in some form.

No comments:

Post a Comment