Monday 4 February 2013

Nature photography competition post 1


I almost forgot to entre the Natural History Museum's wildlife photographer of the year competition 2013!
I've been sorting through my nature photographs for months, trying to find the ones to enter.




I think I've chosen some good images.


     


Here are two of my entries




For the last 3 years I've gone to see the tour they do and I am always amazed at the shots that some people are able to get.

(I sell also on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/shop/Matteesside  )


It would be great to go to other countries and take pictures of interesting animals doing bizarre things, but that are probably quite mundane things to themselves and there own species.
For example there is an amphibian in japan. The Japanese giant salamander it's called.
It grows up to almost 1.5 meters or 5 ft. Wouldn't you want to see that! They also apparently make a sound like a crying child.
I want one! I'll call it Collin and it can live in my fridge... after I turn off the fridge and put it on it's back and fill it with water.


Got a bit off topic there. The competition is:
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/whats-on/temporary-exhibitions/wpy/index.jsp

and you can see past images entered into the competition in years passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment